Virtual Networking Sessions to Build Partnerships
Our current and potential grantees told us that building new partnerships - for restoration projects to be successful in improving habitat, for engaging communities, and to apply for funding - is often difficult. Restoration Authority staff helped facilitate the process of forming partnerships by hosting virtual networking sessions in November and December of 2020. To express your interest in future networking sessions, please complete our interest form.
Community Grants Program:
The Community Grants Program provides an alternative application pathway for projects led by community-based organizations in economically disadvantaged communities. More information can be found on the Community Grants Page.
Competitive Grant Round:
The deadline to submit applications for the 2020 Competitive Grant Round has passed. Sign up for our mailing list to get updates about our next grant round.
The Board will fund projects that qualify as one or more of the following project types:
- A habitat project that aims to restore, protect, or enhance tidal wetlands, managed ponds, or natural habitats on the shoreline in the San Francisco Bay Area;
- A flood management project that is part of a habitat project;
- A public access project that will provide or improve access or recreational amenities that are part of a habitat project.
The Authority is particularly interested in supporting projects that address equity and include benefits to economically disadvantaged communities through meaningful community engagement.
More information on project eligibility, eligible grantees, and prioritization criteria can be found in the Request for Proposals.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a pre-application and consult with Restoration Authority staff on project eligibility. Based on the nature of the project proposal, staff will advise applicants on whether to submit a full application for the competitive Grant Round, or to work collaboratively with staff in the Community Grants Program.
- Request for Proposals
- Full Grant Application Packet:
Schedule for 2020-21 Competitive Grant Cycle:
|Request for Proposals Released||July 22, 2020|
|Informational Webinar||August 19, 2020|
|Full Applications Due||October 23, 2020|
|Evaluation||Fall 2020 to Winter 2020/2021|
|Grant Funding Recommendations and Board Meeting||Spring 2021|
- Grant Round FAQs
- Economically Disadvantaged Communities
- Guidance on identifying Economically Disadvantaged Communities
- Maps identifying communities with an income less than 80% of Area Median Income, at the Census Tract and Block Group levels